Organization: University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Economics,Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
Bachelor studies finished at Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, study program Agricultural Economics. Master and PhD studies finished at Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, in the field of Agricultural Economics. Master’s Thesis entitled “Development performance of agriculture in Central and Eastern Europe in transition” defended in 2003. PhD Thesis entitled “Agricultural policy reform and agricultural restructuring of Southeast European countries in the process of European integration” defended in 2008.
He is a Full Professor at the Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, where he has been employed for over twenty years. His fields of interest are agricultural policy and rural development.
Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Module Agricultural Policy of European Union and its influence on competitiveness of agri-food products of Serbia (AgriCOM) (620128-EPP-1-2020-1-RS-EPPJMO-MODULE) From 2020 to 2023
Erasmus+ Implementation of Dual Education in Higher Education in Serbia (DualEdu) (586029-EPP-1-2017-1-RS-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP) From 2017 to 2020
Erasmus+ Professional Development of Vocational Education Teachers with European Practices (PRO-VET) (598698-EPP-1-2018-1-FI-EPPКА2-CBHE-JP) From 2018 to 2021
Erasmus+ Dual Education for Industrial Automatization and Robotics in Kazakhstan (DIARKAZ) (609757-EPP-1-2019-1-RS-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) From 2020 to 2023
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals implementation within Danube region, project of the Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Serbia, No. 46006, From 2015 to 2020
- Matkovski B., Zekić S., Jurjević Ž., Đokić D. (2021). The agribusiness sector as a regional export opportunity: evidence of the Vojvodina region. International Journal of Emerging Markets, ahead-of-print ISSN: 1746-8809 DOI: 10.1108/IJOEM-05-2020-0560
- Matkovski B., Đokić D., Zekić S., Jurjević Ž. (2020). Determining Food Security in Crisis Conditions: A Comparative Analysis of the Western Balkans and the EU. Sustainability, 12(23), 9924 ISSN: 2071-1050, DOI: 10.3390/su12239924
- Matkovski B., Kalaš B., Zekić S., Jeremić M. (2019). Agri-food Competitiveness in South East Europe. Outlook on Agriculture. 48(4), 326-335. ISSN: 0030-7270 doi:10.1177/0030727019854770
- Zekić S., Matkovski B. (2019). Integration of market of agri-food products of Western Balkans countries in process of accession to the European Union. In J. Subić, M. Jeločnik, B. Kuzman, A. Vasile (Ed.), Sustainable agriculture and rural development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals realization within the Danube region – sustainability and multifunctionality (pp. 763-777). Belgrade: Institute of Agricultural Economics. ISBN: 978-86-6269-067-8
- Zekić S., Kleut Ž., Matkovski B., Đokić D. (2018). Determining agricultural impact on environment: Evidence for EU-28 and Serbia. Outlook on Agriculture, 47(2), 116-124. ISSN: 0030-7270 DOI: 10.1177/0030727018768016
- Matkovski B., Zekić S., Savić M., Radovanov B. (2018). Trade of agri-food products in the EU enlargement process: Evidence from the Southeastern Europe. Agricultural Economics – Zemědělská ekonomika. 64(8), 357-366. ISSN: 0139-570X (Print) 1805-9295 (Online), DOI: 10.17221/134/2017-AGRICECON
- Matkovski B., Radovanov B., Zekić S. (2018). The Effects of Foreign Agri-food trade Liberalization in South East Europe. Economcky casopis. 66(9), 945-966. ISSN: 0013-3035