University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
Bachelor and Master studies finished at Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, study program: Agricultural Economics. Master’s Thesis entitled “Economics situation and financial picture of farms in Yugoslavia” defended in 2001. Since July to December 2002 he has participated in Faculty Exchange Program organised by USDA, educated for winter semester at Pennsylvania State University, Department for Agricultural economics and sociology. PhD studies finished at Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, defending PhD Thesis entitled “Profitability of milk production in Province Vojvodina” in 2006.
Professional career started from 1994 to 1997 in winery “Podrum Palic” as a business administrator. Since 1997 he has been employed at the Faculty of Economics, University of Novi Sad, at the Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness. His scientific field is agricultural economics. His main fields of interests are: Farm management, Dairy economics, Economic analysis in agribusiness, Food value chains, Agricultural cooperatives and Agricultural extension.
Dairy sector analysis in Republic of Serbia, Project participant in SEEDEV team, project of the financed by Ministry of agriculture, water management and forestry Republic of Serbia, Octobar 2019-March 2020.
Establishment of Lasting Outcomes in GMO-free Quality Soya from the Danube Region, Project coordinator, Project No 83268063, financed by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in period avgust – novembar 2017.
GMO – free quality Soya from the Danube region, Project coordinator, Project No 83201783, financed by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) from 2014 to 2017.
Livestock in Republic of Serbia – Agriculture Census 2012, Author, Project no. 404-1031-6 financed by Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia from December 30, 2013 to January 31, 2014.
Improvement and development hygienic and technology treatment in animal origin food processing to reach quality and health safety products competitive on international market Project number III 46009, financed by Ministry of science and technological development of Republics of Serbia, for period 31.01.2011 – 31.12.2020.
Sustainable agriculture and rural development in function achievements of strategic goals Republic of Serbia in Danube region Project number III 46006, financed by Ministry of science and technological development of Republics of Serbia, for period 31.01.2011 – 31.12.2020.
- Đokić, D., Jurjević, Ž., Popović, R., Savić, M. (2019). Is there a correlation between economic and energy use efficiency in soybean production? Custos e agronegocio, 15(2), 489-505. ISSN: 1808-2882
- Popović, R., Kleut Ž., Đokić, D. (2018). Exploring the drivers of efficiency in organic and conventional soybean production. Custos e agronegocio, 14(3), 14(3), 214-229. ISSN: 1808-2882
- Popović, R., Radovanov, B., Dunn, J. (2017). Food scare crisis: The effect on Serbian dairy market, Intenational food and agribusiness management review – IFAMR, 20(1), 113-127. ISSN: 1559-2448 DOI: 10.22434/IFAMR2015.0051
- Popović, R., Spasenić, M., Iličić, M., Ranogajec, M., Kanurić, K., Vukić, V., Hrnjez, D. (2016). Nutritive characteristics and market prospects of kombucha fermented milk beverages, Agro FOOD Industry Hi Tech, 27(2), 48-52. ISSN 1722-6996
- Iličić, M., Milanović, S., Carić, M., Mandić, A., Popović, R. (2015). The influence of milk fat and starter cultures on cholesterol content and nutrient characteristics of Quarg cheese. Agro FOOD Industry Hi Tech, 26(4), 56-60. ISSN 1722-6996.